We know that you care how information about you is used and shared and we appreciate your trust in us to do that carefully and sensibly. This Privacy Notice describes how we collect and process your personal information through our website, devices, products, services and physical stores that reference this Privacy Notice.
CONTROLLERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Nouvelle Compagnie des Détergents et du Savon de Marseille (NCDSM) - 66 Chemin de Sainte Marthe - 13014 Marseille – France is the data controller of personal information collected and processed.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT CUSTOMERS DOES FER À CHEVAL SOAP FACTORY COLLECT?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.
Here are the types of information we gather:
Information You Give Us: we receive and store any information you provide in relation to Fer à Cheval Soap Factory website. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our services.
Information From Other Sources: we might receive information about you from other sources.
FOR WHAT PURPOSES DOES FER À CHEVAL SOAP FACTORY WEBSITE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We process your personal information to operate, provide, and improve the services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
Provide, troubleshoot, and improve Fer à Cheval Soap Factory services. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyse performance, fix errors, and improve usability and effectiveness of our services.
Recommendations and personalisation. We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalise your experience.
Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to Fer à Cheval Soap Factory website via different channels (e.g., by phone, email).
Advertising. We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you.
Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We process personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
Purposes for which we seek your consent. We may also ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop processing of your data for that purpose.
WHAT ABOUT COOKIES?
HOW SECURE IS INFORMATION ABOUT ME?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
Our devices offer security features to protect them against unauthorised access and loss of data. You can control these features and configure them based on your needs.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computers, and devices. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
WHAT INFORMATION CAN I ACCESS?
You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options, profile information, household settings, and purchase history in the "My Account" section of the website.
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE?
If you have any questions or objection as to how we collect and process your personal information, please contact our customer service.
As described above, you can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our service.
You can add or update certain information on pages. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the previous version for our records.
If you want to browse our websites anonymously, you may do so by logging out of your account and disabling cookies on your browser.
When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop any further processing of your data for that purpose.
In addition, subject to applicable law, you have the right to request access to, correct, and delete your personal data, and to ask for data portability. You may also object to our processing of your personal data or ask that we restrict the processing of your personal data in certain instances. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact our customer service
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We keep your personal information to enable your continued use of Fer à Cheval soap factory services, for as long as it is required in order to fulfil the relevant purposes described in this Privacy Notice, as may be required by law such as for tax and accounting purposes, or as otherwise communicated to you. For example, we retain your transaction history so that you can review past purchases (and repeat orders if desired) and what addresses you have shipped orders to, and to improve the relevancy of products and content we recommend.
EXAMPLES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
Information You Give Us When You Use Our Services
You provide information to us when you:
- search for products or services;
- place an order through Fer à Cheval Soap Factory website;
- download, view, or use content on a device;
- provide information in My Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address or mobile number when shopping with us);
- configure your settings on, provide data access permissions for, or interact with your device;
- communicate with us by phone, e-mail;
- complete a questionnaire, a support ticket, or a contest entry form;
- Participate in community features, provide and rate our customer service;
- employ Product Availability Alerts, such as Available to Order Notifications.
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as: your name; address and phone number; your age; your location information; people to whom purchases have been dispatched (including addresses and phone numbers); e-mail addresses of your friends; content of reviews and e-mails to us.
Examples of the information we collect and analyse include:
- the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- login; e-mail address; password;
- the location of your device or computer;
- device metrics such as when a device is in use, connectivity data, and any errors or event failures;
- purchase and content use history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features such as Best Sellers;
- the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); cookie number; products and/ or content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs),
- phone numbers used to call our customer service number.
We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications and our web pages to collect browsing, usage or other technical information for fraud prevention purposes.
INFORMATION YOU CAN ACCESS
Examples of information you can access through our services include:
- status of recent orders (including subscriptions);
- your complete order history;
- personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications and personalised advertising preferences, address book);
- e-mail notification settings (including Product Availability Alerts, Deliveries and newsletters);
- recommendations and the products you recently viewed that are the basis for recommendations;
- shopping lists and gift registries;
- your content, devices, services, and related settings;
- content that you recently viewed;
- Your Account (including your product Reviews, Recommendations, Reminders and personal profile).